We should talk about replacing your current corporate antivirus solution with NMJ GuardianProtect?
My service is Webroot Secure Anywhere. I had evaluated this product for a full year to do something I had always been against doing for much of my career, changing from the Symantec Endpoint Protection. Recent issues/situations solidified my move from Symantec to Webroot. Specifically, Symantec has the following limitations (you can expect similar issue with many other products):
- Ransomware not always caught: Number 1 and foremost, Symantec technology has holes in it that make it susceptible to the newer Ransomware attacks. I have seen systems protected with Symantec get hit and put out of business for days or weeks as a result of a successful attack levied against a network running Symantec Endpoint.
- Definitions are not guaranteed in short order: The way Symantec updates it’s management platform and then the clients can easily add many hours or even days to the amount of time it takes the client to learn of a new risk to protect against.
- Product updates are not automatic: When a new version of the client comes out, the product needs to be upgraded on your Management Console first, and then pushed out to all your workstations, and this can take the better part of a day. These updates happen often for a number of reasons: Windows OS updates, from XP, to Vista, to 7, to 8, to 10, and 10 update, and the update to 10’s update…… or because of a new way for risks to propagate has caused a rewrite in the product.
- Symantec Endpoint is bloated and resource intensive: Symantec Endpoint is a conglomeration of multiple product/solutions/technologies that were purchased or bought and turned into one product. In reality, each of the technologies are still separate and plug into different parts of the OS to completely do their job. This has made the product bloated and consumes much memory on the systems it is installed, in general between 15 MB and 20 MB in system memory is consumed. In addition, it can and usually does affect the performance of the workstation.
- Not Centrally administered: The Symantec Endpoint client must be in contact with the corporate Endpoint management console to stay up to date and to remain monitorable by the IT. If the PC is left as an “unmanaged” station, or is taken off site away from the management platform, the protection status and updatability of the client comes into question.
- Support is not local: With Symantec, you are having to deal with a corporate international support hierarchy.
- Product licensing is a nightmare: If you have had to purchasing licensing for Symantec products, this should be enough for you to give up on the product.
- Additional installation and support needs: You have to pay someone to manage the platform for you, it is not an easy product to deal with.
My Webroot solution handles these issue in the following ways.
- Ransomware IS caught every time: Having had to deal with Ransomware based disasters as a result of Symantec’s failure, I have made all attempts to verify that Webroot catches these risks every time.
- Definitions are up to date: When Webroot definitions of the newest risks are released, the clients INSTANTLY have them for their protection, there is no update or download hierarchy that you have to wait some unknown amount of time to make sure your workstations are protected. You do not have to manually go into your corporate management console and force any updates of the management platform to happen, only to turn around and force those update again out to your workstations. When Webroot knows about a new risk, all of your clients will as well.
- Client updates are automatic and global: when Webroot comes out with a new version of the product, not just the minor but also the major upgrades, your client gets them on a scheduled and stable roll out plan. I am always aware of the roll outs as they occur.
- The client is lean: Webroot takes 2 MB memory to run and performance is not degraded, and full scans take a few minutes to run.
- All clients are centrally monitored managed… always: Since the management console is cloud based and also because it is monitored not only by your staff (if you so desire) but I always have my eyes on all your protected workstation’s status and condition NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE. When your CEO leaves the office with their laptop for lunch, for the day, for the weekend, for vacation, no matter how long they are gone, the client is always kept monitored and the definitions are always instantly available to it as I stated earlier.
- I am your support: Support is always available through me. Talking to me is not like talking to a patience-testing maze of phone transfers and hold times to wait for a support person that has many cultural differences that make dealing with them maddening. And MY support, when I need it from the developer, is North American based and fast to respond.
- Licensing is simplified: Because you don’t have to deal with it. I handle it all for you. You pay me for the service, I install, detect, remediate, and even remove clients as you need whenever you need.
- Everything is included: Let me just repeat that, everything is included.
The NMJ GuardianProtect service, specializing in Webroot Secure Anywhere product, is only $3 per endpoint per month and includes the client roll out, management, update, remediation, and support… ALWAYS. I can give additional discounts for government, education, and non-profit pricing.
Don’t forget to look at everything NMJ Technology LLC can do for you. We provide everything you need to keep your business running: NMJ GuardianComplete managed services!