N. MICHAEL JACKSON
330–474–7040 – firstname.lastname@example.org – 3464 Hunters Crossing, Stow OH, 44224
Summary of Qualifications
Experienced, corporate oriented IT support business owner with great people skills and strong infrastructure technical background. Twenty five years of experience in consulting, designing, implementing, managing, and supporting corporate networking infrastructures involving various operating systems, network devices, and related solutions and products.
NMJ TECHNOLOGY LLC, Stow, OH, February 2012 – Present
- Owner and President of NMJ Technology LLC
- Continue to provide the very best in Consulting, Design, Implementation, Management, and Support services for customers.
- Developed partner relationships with a multitude of developers such as Microsoft, VMWare, Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Cisco, Symantec, Barracuda, StorageCraft, AppRiver, SolarWinds, GoDaddy, and many others for the purpose of making these solutions available to customers.
- Developed partner relationships with a multitude of vendors such as IngramMicro, TechData, Symex, CDW, Provantage and many others to provide hardware and software at the best possible value to customers.
- Developed partner relationships with a number of local business to provide other value added services for customers such as providers of internet and communication services, structure cabling, VoIP, server co-hosting, cloud based storage solutions, equipment recycling, and others.
- Become a valuable reseller and supporter of Office 365 solution.
- Developed branded Managed Service Provider based backup and recovery systems to give customers a choice of suitable backup solutions.
- Developed branded Managed Service Provider based proactive monitoring system to give customers a valuable solution for maintaining the health of their corporate network servers, workstations, and devices.
- Developed three billing models to give the clients a choice in how to afford the best services I provide.
AMOS DATA SYSTEMS LLC, Akron, OH, November 1990 – January 2012
- Senior IT Consulting Support Engineer
- Collaborated with a wide variety of clients, onsite and remotely, in many different industries to design, implement and support a wide variety of networking services.
- Network operating system expertise include Microsoft Windows Server NT4, 2000, 2003 (R2)/2008 (R2), SBS 2008/2011, Novell Netware 2.x and above. Also have experience with Apple Xserver.
- Network directory expertise with Microsoft Active Directory and Novell eDirectory.
- Networking knowledge includes TCP/IP v4 and v6, IPX/SPX, and NetBEUI/NetBios and related protocols.
- Network routing knowledge includes Cisco IOS technologies with RIP and IGRP implementations.
- Perimeter network knowledge includes Cisco PIX and ASA devices with Access List and Nat, VLAN, VPN, and ISP and/or device redundancy implementations. Also have basic knowledge of other internet router/firewall products developed by WatchGuard, NetGear, LinkSys, etc.
- Network 10Base-T 10/100/1000 switching knowledge includes Cisco Catalyst, Hewlett Packard ProCurve, as well as some other manufacturer technologies with VLAN, QoS, and Spanning Tree implementations.
- Wireless technology knowledge includes 802.11 a/b/g/n using WEP, WPA, and WPA2 implementations.
- Have additional knowledge with Barracuda WebFilter and SpamFilter gateways.
- Virtual technologies knowledge includes Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare Server; familiarity with other virtual products.
- Network application knowledge include Microsoft Exchange 2000 and above, Office 2000 and above. Also have knowledge with Novell products such as Novell GroupWise 4.x through 7.x, DirXML, Identity Manager, and ZenWorks. Also have knowledge of Microsoft IIS 6/7 and SQL 2005 and above.
- Network backup knowledge include Symantec Backup Exec 8.x and above, Symantec Systems Recovery 8.x and above, Shadow Protect 3.x and higher, using tape, hard disk, NAS, and iSCSI implementations.
- Desktop operating system knowledge include Microsoft DOS 2.x and above, Microsoft Windows 2.x/3.x/95/98/2000/XP/7, as well as fair knowledge of Apple Macintosh System 7/8/9, and OSX.
CONTROLLER POWER CORPORATION, Canton, OH, May 1986 – October 1990
- Junior Systems Engineer and Network Administrator
- Implemented the first mixed 10Base-2 and ARCnet local area network for 50 users.
- Designed, installed, and configured Novell Netware 3.11 file and print services.
- Installed and maintained 50 x286 and x386 workstations running DOS 2.x and above.
- Implemented various application suites including WordPerfect Office 2.x, dBASE IV, AutoCad Rel10, and DaVinci eMail 1.x.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) – 2005
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – 2006
- Hewlett Packard Accredited Systems Engineer (ASE) – 2000
- Certified Novell Engineer (CNE) – 1992
- Kent State University, Kent OH, 1996 – Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering – Electronics Track